1. The Group shall be called BAKEWELL AND DISTRICT BIRD STUDY GROUP
2. The Aims of the Group shall be to promote an interest in wild birds, their habitats and conservation with particular reference to the Bakewell area (the four 10 kilometre squares SK 16, 17, 26 and 27) by means of lectures, discussions, field trips and other appropriate activities.
3. MEMBERSHIP shall be open to any interested person, subject to the approval of the Committee. There shall be a minimum age for membership of 12 years. The Committee shall have the right to exclude from membership any individual whose conduct is considered to be prejudicial to the aims of the Group, in their absolute discretion.
4. The Group Year for membership purposes shall end on August 31st. The Financial Year shall end on December 31st.
5. The ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION shall be £15.or any such amount as shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting and shall be due and payable on September 1st. A Member joining on or after May 1st in any year, having paid the annual subscription, shall be deemed a member until August 31st of the following year. Junior Members under the age of 16 at the date of joining shall pay a subscription of one-half of the agreed full annual subscription.
6. There will not normally be a Meeting Fee for members at Indoor Meetings, save as at the discretion of the Committee.
7. Guests shall be welcome at all Indoor Meetings other than Annual General Meetings, at a fee to be agreed by the Committee from time to time. However, the same guest should not normally attend more than three Meetings in any one year.
8. An ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING shall be held in the Spring of each year at which the Chairman’s Report and the Annual Accounts shall be presented, the Officers of the Group elected and any other business transacted relevant to the affairs of the Group.
9. The OFFICERS of the Group shall be: CHAIRMAN, VICE-CHAIRMAN, GENERAL SECRETARY, FIELD MEETINGS SECRETARY, INDOOR MEETINGS SECRETARY, RECORDER, MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY, TREASURER AND PUBLICITY OFFICER.
10. The VICE-CHAIRMAN shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall serve for one year as VICE-CHAIRMAN then for a further two years as CHAIRMAN without further election. All other OFFICERS shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall serve for three years. No person shall normally serve on the Committee for more than three consecutive years. NOMINATIONS for Officers must be in writing, supported by any two members, shall include the consent of the nominee and shall be submitted to the General Secretary at least seven days prior to the meeting. Any vacancy occurring during the course of the year shall be filled by the Committee by co-option.
11. The Committee shall consist of the Officers of the Group together with up to three members co-opted each year by the Officers.
12. Five members of the Committee shall form a QUORUM with the proviso at least three Officers shall be present.
13. A SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING may be called at the request of a minimum of TEN members. Fourteen days notice must be given to members by the General Secretary and such notice must include the Agenda. No other business other than that stated on the Agenda may be transacted at the Special General Meeting.
14. At any meeting on any motion each member shall have one except that the Chairman shall have in addition a casting vote.
15. ALTERATION to the Constitution may only be made at the Annual General Meeting or in accordance with Clause 13 above.
16. A BANKING ACCOUNT shall be opened in the name of the Group. The authorised signatories to the account shall consist of the Chairman, General Secretary and the Treasurer for the time being, any two of which shall be sufficient for the operation of the account.
17. An Honorary AUDITOR shall be appointed each year at the Annual General Meeting. No member of the Committee shall be Honorary Auditor.
18. Should the Group be at any time dissolved by resolution of the majority of members, then after discharge of all outstanding liabilities, any SURPLUS FUNDS shall be donated to a charitable cause nominated by the Committee.